Estate Planning Lawyers Helping You Prepare For Your Future
No matter how much one ignores the inevitable, it never goes away. This is certainly true when it comes to estate planning.
At The Moore Law Firm, L.L.P., in Paris, Texas, our attorneys have seen the trouble that failure to plan has caused for individuals and their families. We have found that the sooner a person confronts the personal and financial planning issues life presents, the sooner that person can gain the peace of mind of having an effective life plan.
Providing A Wide Variety Of Probate Services
Our attorneys assist clients with planning for their futures using a variety of estate planning tools:
- Wills. Wills are valuable tools that allow you to dictate how your assets will be distributed after your death. We draft wills and enforce them in probate actions.
- Trusts. By establishing a trust, you can dedicate funds to specific purposes while you are alive and after you pass on, all while controlling your tax burden. Trusts are versatile financial tools that can be used for purposes ranging from educational support of a child to the nursing care of a disabled spouse, to sheltering income if you are incapacitated. We can assist you in establishing an irrevocable or revocable trust that meets your needs.
- Asset protection/Medicare planning. Our lawyers can help you protect your assets and business interests using a variety of legal tools, including annuities, life insurance trusts, homestead protections, land trusts and other means.
- Powers of attorney. Our lawyers can assist you in appointing representatives to make important decisions for you if you are no longer able to do so. We can also craft durable health care powers of attorney so you can appoint a trusted person to make your health care decisions when needed.
- Health care directives. Using a health care directive, our lawyers can help you direct conditions for your medical care as you near the end of your life.
- Probate. We can assist your executors and personal representatives in probate proceedings. We can also be retained to handle matters, including estate inventory creation, debt payment, tax filings and asset distribution.
- Guardianships. We can help you assign a guardian who will be responsible for your minor child’s or disabled adult’s financial and/or personal well-being. We can aid you in appointing a guardian who can use your assets to provide for the well-being of you or a loved one.
The Moore Law Firm, L.L.P., began serving clients in Paris, Cooper, Clarksville, Bonham, and Sulphur Springs, Texas since 1893. To learn more about us and our practice in northeast Texas, please read our Firm History page.
Let Us Discuss Your Options
Meet with us, and we can discuss your options and draft plans that can give you peace of mind, while securing your family’s future.
It is never too early to plan ahead.